Thursday, April 19, 2007

How My Thinking and Learning Imporoved

This week has been kinda stressful and yet lovly at the same time. My productivity is going into overtime. Especially, since I learned about Scott's Berkun recently wrote an essay titled: Attention and Sex. His premise is that the human mind is an instrument designed and fine tuned for the purpose of focusing on a given task. He emphasies that nothing great was ever achieved through the factured use of slices of time. Instead, he recommends that we reduce the number of things we consume and devote ourselves to creating something. I'm going ot do what Scott states in his essay. It's worth remembering what Scott calls the Law of Lost Attention: The value of something you spend attention on is dependent on how much attention you spend on it.



In the past several blogs, I haven't talked much about my academic life. This has been for two reasons: Firstly, I never previously understood the extremely importance of keeping studying the text books when ever you can.. Many popular motivational writers would have us believe that the relationship between getting an ivy league, or comparable, education and wealth does not exist. This is, however, patently false and only holds for very few exceptional cases. For example, there are many successful people who didn not finsh high school or even college.


Secondly, this resulted in me placing acadmic life third on my list of priorties. The first priority was self-education in fields I believe(d) would increase the probability of me being successful. The second priority was in development of products, a skill/talents which has been extremely yet pleasantly painful to learn.

With all the hard work of my job, trying to my own business off the ground and dealing with a romantic relationship that I truly am feeling good about. What is surprising is that I did not realize that I had tried to hard. That period was the one least productive times in my life, but I know it was all worth it.


It was only when my College Instructor, JoAne, told me to basically refocus and what I need ot focus on. It's frustrating to realize that I'm not areally who the person I see myself as and am not mature enough to be that person I believe I am to be. I'm still a little shaken and broken down by events that I had the opportunity of a life time. But, the result is the events are just a path on the road I am travelling on.


Like a dog yuring to be loved by its owner is how I feel. I should do what I feel is right in my heart and go from there. To me, this is the mark of maturity: to be able to emotionaly envolved with someone special and start focusing on the important things in my life, namely, a relationship with the one I love, my work, and the better for all . I think this possibly the Billionaire way. Anyone who is emotionaly involved with me, I get emotionaly involved with this person.. So when I look in the mirror, I now see sombody who I would like to kiss and a boy lowly becoming a young man.

So what's the solution? I am still searching for the solution, but I have found out Albert Einstien was onced asked how he would save the world in one hour, he replied he would spend the first 55 minutes defining the problem and the last five minutes solving it. also somone once said, you know what to do... INNOVATE.

In this realityof ours, the solution seems to be simple. manage my time more strictly than ever. Minimise the time I waste and maximizes my studies, relationships and work.



Here is a description and a picture of my dream car



This carbon-fibre engineering marvel does 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds, generates approx 650Bhp and has a price tag of $350,000+ (without features). Less than twenty are made and distributed to an exclusive group of wealthy businessmen. If you get a call from Koenigsegg, it's a sure sign that you have achieved great things and are worthy of the best that life has to offer. Forget the Lamborghini Murcielago of which a whopping 2500 were made. Also forget the Ferrari Enzo of which 399 were made, the Koenigsegg and no other is the car for the elite.





until next time people,



go with what your feel is right



G from BC

P.S. If you can help me make this happend, let me know.

Peace out!

No comments: